To receive current requests/updates/newsletters, click here for our e-list.
Personally, we need continual prayer for:
- Protection and health - many missionaries in Europe face spiritual attacks on their health.
- Wisdom and guidance - campus ministry in Poland is not the same as in America.
- Discernment and effectiveness - we want to recognize and implement God's program and methods.
- Relationships - not only within our family and marriage but also for strong, lasting relationships with the people in Poland.
- Language Acquisition - Polish is a difficult language and we still need prayer to be able to speak it well. We need to be understood and we need to understand what we are hearing and reading. We are functional, but not yet fluent.
- Favor with God and man - We don't want to be seen as the "American Experts", but as the ones God has called to come alongside and help.
Poland, also needs your prayer for:
- Pentecostal Church: purposeful leadership development, spiritual vitality and righteousness.
- Young people to have a missions-mindedness for Christ.
- Awakening within the Catholic church for real relationship with Jesus, not just religion and empty tradition.
- The Catastrophe in the days after the terrible plane crash in April 2010 that claimed the lives of the President and his wife and 94 others who were the political, military, financial and cultural elite. Pray for God to heal this land; use the believers for hope; and accomplish His purposes in this nation. Even in 2012 this is still a news item as accusations and conspiracy theories abound.
AG.org News & Information
Sri Lanka AG Celebrates its Centennial
Over 22,000 people gathered to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the first Pentecostal missionaries who came to Sri Lanka (then Ceylon) in 1914.
Teen Bible Quiz National Champions Crowned
Defending Teen Bible Quiz National Champions James River Church, Ozark, Missouri, edged Bellevue (Washington) Neighborhood Church, 165-130, to win its second consecutive Teen Bible Quiz National Championship.
This Week in AG History -- July 29, 1939
Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center Director Darrin Rodgers sheds light on senior AG stateman, John W. Welch, and his impact upon the Assemblies of God. Then link to the historic 1939 Pentecostal Evangel and read tributes to Welch as well as articles by George D. Watson, Mrs. Howard Taylor, and many others!
AG Centennial to Have Strong Overseas Representation
Even though it's the U.S. Assemblies of God celebrating its Centennial, the overseas AG members are coming in significant numbers to join in the celebration events.
Survey Reveals Americans Polarizing Over the Bible
Barna Group survey reveals Americans are split down the middle when it comes to loving or hating the Bible.