To receive current requests/updates/newsletters, click here for our e-list.
Personally, we need continual prayer for:
- Protection and health - many missionaries in Europe face spiritual attacks on their health.
- Wisdom and guidance - campus ministry in Poland is not the same as in America.
- Discernment and effectiveness - we want to recognize and implement God's program and methods.
- Relationships - not only within our family and marriage but also for strong, lasting relationships with the people in Poland.
- Language Acquisition - Polish is a difficult language and we still need prayer to be able to speak it well. We need to be understood and we need to understand what we are hearing and reading. We are functional, but not yet fluent.
- Favor with God and man - We don't want to be seen as the "American Experts", but as the ones God has called to come alongside and help.
Poland, also needs your prayer for:
- Pentecostal Church: purposeful leadership development, spiritual vitality and righteousness.
- Young people to have a missions-mindedness for Christ.
- Awakening within the Catholic church for real relationship with Jesus, not just religion and empty tradition.
- The Catastrophe in the days after the terrible plane crash in April 2010 that claimed the lives of the President and his wife and 94 others who were the political, military, financial and cultural elite. Pray for God to heal this land; use the believers for hope; and accomplish His purposes in this nation. Even in 2012 this is still a news item as accusations and conspiracy theories abound.
AG.org News & Information
AG World Missions Offers Open Invitation to World Prayer Meeting
The annual AG World Missions global online World Prayer Meeting is coming on May 28. Individuals are urged to watch online and churches are encouraged to consider projecting the broadcast to their congregation in place of the Wednesday night service as the webcast will be available by 7 p.m. in all U.S. time zones.
Valley Forge Christian College Celebrates 75th Anniversary
Valley Forge Christian College (VFCC), Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, continued its 75th anniversary celebration with a special celebration event held on April 9 where the college recognized its achievements and historic accomplishments.
Fewer Americans Heading to Cineplex, Poll Finds
Recent poll finds more people preferring to stay at home to view movies, while a review site reports that films with strong Christian, redemptive worldviews earn more in domestic box office receipts than movies with non-Christian worldviews by a significant margin.
AG Grows By Attracting New Generation
As the world continues to vie for the attention of the younger generation, the Assemblies of God is one of the few U.S. denominations where young people are flocking. Statistics indicate approximately 40 percent of the Fellowship's more than 3 million adherents are 25 and younger.
Africa's Hope Launches New Website
In addition to showcasing its ministries, the new Africa's Hope website also includes an interactive map of Africa. Click on the individual country to reveal the Bible schools and students Africa's Hope supports in that country.